OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE $150,000 FOR LOCAL CHARITIES
- Free General Admission -
Pendery's 6th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff
Pendery's, the Oldest Family Owned & Operated Business in Texas & the Inventors of Chile Blend is pleased to announce the beneficiaries of our Annual Charity Chili Cookoff which will take place on Saturday, April 6th: Cattle Baron's Ball & The American Cancer Society, TWO x TWO for AIDS & Art, The Park Cities 4 th of July Parade hosted by the Park Cities Rotary Club to benefit the North Texas Food Bank, Equest, The Assist the Officer Foundation, Special Olympics Texas and the CASI Scholarship Fund.
This year's event will be at Pendery's located at 1221 Manufacturing St, Dallas, TX 75207. The judging will be hosted by Peticola's Brewery.
Charity, Chili and Fun for the Whole Family
In our first five years we have raised almost $750,000 for local charities. This year up to a $100,000 "Challenge Match" will be provided, so make your donation count! For every dollar you donate, we will match it! *
Trophies, Cash & Other Prizes
Over $5,000 in Cash & Prizes – The largest payout of any Chili Cookoff in the State of Texas. First Place ICS wins over $1,250 in cash and prizes!
State of Texas Championship: Top level ICS winners will be eligible to compete for a total prize package of $55,000 at the ICS World's Championship Chili Cookoff held each year in October. Red Chili winners from both of our events will also be eligible to compete at the World Food Championships, which will be held in Dallas for the first time this year! The World Food Championships is the largest competition in Food Sport, where grand champions of previous events convene for a chance at winning the ultimate food crown and a share of hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money.
Contestants can compete and acquire points in all three major Chili Competition Sanctioning Bodies:
ICS - This is the State of Texas Cookoff. ICS sanctions over 200 cookoffs a year and have helped raise over $86 million dollars for charity. Winners in the ICS State of Texas event & the Texas Regional can advance to the World's Championship Chili Cookoff.
CASI - Saturday's event is a CASI Regional Open and an automatic qualifier for TICC.
OTICCC - Saturday's event is an automatic Tolbert Qualifier. In addition to the local money raised by sanctioned cookoffs, Tolbert's Official charity is ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Red Chili Winners are also automatically qualified to compete at the World Food Championships:
WFC - Boasts the largest Food Sport tournament in history with well over 1500 contestants on 449 official teams. They came from 42 American states and 13 countries to compete, while more than 30,000 foodies watch and enjoy the heat of the battle unfold in 10 official categories. Since its debut in 2012, WFC has given birth to 30 TV food stars and awarded more than $1.5 million in prize money.
It is our Goal to raise over $150,000 for charitable causes, including the following:
- Cattle Baron's Ball - Through our partnership with The American Cancer Society, we hope to give cancer the boot – for good. And you can help us! Did you know that in our more than 40 years of events, Cattle Baron’s Ball has raised over $81 million towards the ongoing pursuit of a cure for cancer? And most of that has stayed right here in North Texas. Join the fight and help us continue to make a difference!
- TWO X TWO for AIDS & Art - TWO x TWO for AIDS & Art is an annual contemporary art auction held in the Richard Meier-designed Rachofsky House in Dallas, benefiting two organizations—the Dallas Museum of Art and amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research. The annual benefit gala dinner and art auction has raised over $84 million in its 20-year history in support of amfAR's AIDS research initiatives and the DMA's contemporary art acquisition program. The 2018 event raised over $9.3 million. TWO x TWO has become amfAR’s largest fundraiser in the United States as well as the largest annual fundraiser for The Dallas Museum of Art. During the weekend, amfAR presents its Award of Excellence for Artistic Contributions to the Fight Against AIDS to the honoree artist at an intimate luncheon at The Warehouse. Pendery's will be the Presenting Sponsor for this year's luncheon.
- The Park Cities 4 th of July Parade hosted by the Park Cities Rotary Club to benefit the North Texas Food Bank - Pendery's will the Presenting Sponsor for this year's Parade. The North Texas Food Bank is a top-ranked nonprofit relief organization, providing access to more than 190,000 meals each day for hungry children, seniors and families across a 13-county service area. In our last fiscal year, NTFB and our feeding network provided access to almost 72 million meals.
- For the Nations Refugee Outreach - For the Nations: Refugee Outreach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit serving refugees in the Dallas area. We offer a wide variety of educational programs to help refugees continue in the long process of adapting to life in the United States. We also help families adjust to life in America by advocating for them. Most importantly, we share with refugees the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Equest - Founded in 1981, Equest Therapeutic Horsemanship was the first therapeutic riding center in Texas. Equest provides equine facilitated activities, therapies, and counseling to children and adults with physical, cognitive, sensory, coping, social, and learning disabilities and veterans with adjustment challenges. The services provided include physical and occupational therapy, equine facilitated counseling, therapeutic carriage driving, therapeutic horsemanship, and competition. Hooves for Heroes, one of the fastest-growing services at Equest, empowers veterans, first responders, and military families to take charge of their civilian transition, and assume new roles within the community through equine activities and therapies. Pendery's is a sponsor of this year’s Boots & Salutes Event.
- Special Olympics Texas - provides year-round sports training and competition as well as health and inclusion programs for individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities. It takes $150 to support just one athlete for an entire year of competition, training and services. We now have over 57,000 athletes in the state of which over 6,000 are in Greater Dallas. Your donation insures that our programs continue in order to increase awareness and inclusion of our athletes.
- Assist the Officer Foundation - Supporting the Officers Who Serve and Protect Dallas. Law enforcement officers serve and protect our communities. They face tremendous work-related challenges daily, often risking their lives to ensure our safety. When an officer is injured, a setback can bring financial ruin – especially if the officer is the sole provider for a family. During recovery, the last thing an officer should have to worry about is how he or she will make ends meet. There are hundreds of officers and their families that need your assistance. The Assist the Officer Foundation is here to help. The men and women who serve you are very much like you…and need you, just as much as you need them.
- CASI – Chili Appreciation Society International, Inc. has as its mission to create and maintain a structure that promotes chili cookoff events which bridge the gap between local charitable organizations, the community and corporations. CASI sanctioned chili cookoffs are intended to bring local communities and competitive chili cooks together to raise awareness of chili and raise funds for the local charities, while supporting the community with wholesome, enriched competitive cooking events. Resoundingly successful in accomplishing our mission, since being founded in 1983, CASI has generated and donated over $30 million in financial support for local charities.
*Make your donation count: Up to $100,000 in matching funds will be provided for all donations until the matching pool per charity is exhausted. In addition, all net proceeds will be given to charity. All donations are tax deductable as well as a portion of ticket sales.