$100,000 in Match Dollars for Charities
- Free General Admission -
VIP Tickets include Live Music, Food, Wine & Beer and Brewery Tour!
Pendery’s 5th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff
Pendery’s, the Oldest Family Owned & Operated Business in Texas & the Inventors of Chile Blend is pleased to announce the beneficiaries of our Annual Charity Chili Cookoff which will take place on April 7th & April 8th: Cattle Baron’s Ball & The American Cancer Society, Juliette Fowler Communities, The Housing Crisis Center, The Assist the Officer Foundation, Special Olympics Texas and the CASI Scholarship Fund.
This year’s event will be at Pendery’s located at 1221 Manufacturing St, Dallas, TX 75207. The judging will be hosted by Peticola’s Brewery.
Music provided by THE AARONHENDRAPROJECT.
Charity, Chili and Fun for the Whole Family
In our first four years we have raised over $600,000 for local charities. This year up to a $100,000 “Challenge Match” will be provided, so make your donation count! For every Dollar you donate, we will match it!*
Trophies, Cash & Other Prizes
Over $8,000 in Cash & Prizes – The largest payout of any Chili Cookoff in the State of Texas. First Place ICS wins over $1,250 in cash and prizes each day!
State of Texas Championship: Top level ICS winners will be eligible to compete for a total prize package of $55,000 at the ICS World’s Championship Chili Cookoff held each year in October. Red Chili winners from all four of our events will also be eligible to compete at the World Food Championships. The World Food Championships is the largest competition in Food Sport, where grand champions of previous events convene for a chance at winning the ultimate food crown and a share of hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money.
Contestants can compete and acquire points in all three major Chili Competition Sanctioning Bodies:
ICS-This is the State of Texas Cookoff followed by the Texas Regional Cookoff. ICS sanctions over 200 cookoffs a year and have helped raise over $86 million dollars for charity. Winners in the ICS State of Texas event & the Texas Regional can advance to the World’s Championship Chili Cookoff
CASI-Saturday’s event is a CASI Regional Open and an automatic qualifier for TICC .
OTICCC-Both cookoffs both days are automatic Tolbert qualifiers. In addition to the local money raised by sanctioned cookoffs, Tolbert’s Official charity is ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Red Chili Winners are also automatically qualified to compete at the World Food Championships:
WFC-Boasts the largest Food Sport tournament in history with well over 1500 contestants on 449 official teams. They came from 42 American states and 13 countries to compete, while more than 30,000 foodies watch and enjoy the heat of the battle unfold in 10 official categories. Since its debut in 2012, WFC has given birth to 30 TV food stars and awarded more than $1.5 million in prize money.
It is our Goal to raise over $150,000 for charitable causes, including the following:
- Cattle Baron’s Ball-Through our partnership with The American Cancer Society, we hope to give cancer the boot – for good. And you can help us! Did you know that in our more than 40 years of events, Cattle Baron’s Ball has raised nearly $60 million towards the ongoing pursuit of a cure for cancer? And most of that has stayed right here in North Texas. Join the fight and help us continue to make a difference!
- Juliette Fowler Communities-Serving Dallas for 125 years! Today, JFC includes independent and assisted living, health and rehabilitation services, memory support, a foster to adopt program, and the Ebby House, for young women who have aged out of foster care. Our community serves more than 450 individuals and their families per year, all ages, stages and abilities, and employs 200 team members.
- Housing Crisis Center-The Housing Crisis Center offers quality services to more than 10,000 Dallas County households every year. Because of the unmatched intensive case management provided at HCC, over 80% of our residential program clients do not return to public or private assistance. Ever. With your help, HCC can continue to house 215 Dallas residents and their children every single night, including Veterans and Survivors of Domestic violence. With your help, HCC can continue providing intensive case management to program participants, helping to break the vicious cycle of poverty. With your help, HCC can help those facing the most complex challenges return to a life of self-sufficiency.
- Special Olympics Texas provides year-round sports training and competition as well as health and inclusion programs for individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities. It takes $150 to support just one athlete for an entire year of competition, training and services. We now have over 57,000 athletes in the state of which over 6,000 are in Greater Dallas. Your donation insures that our programs continue in order to increase awareness and inclusion of our athletes.
- Assist the Officer Foundation-Supporting the Officers Who Serve and Protect Dallas. Law enforcement officers serve and protect our communities. They face tremendous work-related challenges daily, often risking their lives to ensure our safety. When an officer is injured, a setback can bring financial ruin – especially if the officer is the sole provider for a family. During recovery, the last thing an officer should have to worry about is how he or she will make ends meet. There are hundreds of officers and their families that need your assistance. The Assist the Officer Foundation is here to help. The men and women who serve you are very much like you…and need you, just as much as you need them.
- CASI – Chili Appreciation Society International, Inc. has as its mission to create and maintain a structure that promotes chili cookoff events which bridge the gap between local charitable organizations, the community and corporations. CASI sanctioned chili cookoffs are intended to bring local communities and competitive chili cooks together to raise awareness of chili and raise funds for the local charities, while supporting the community with wholesome, enriched competitive cooking events. Resoundingly successful in accomplishing our mission, since being founded in 1983, CASI has generated and donated over $30 million in financial support for local charities.
*Make your donation count: $100,000 in matching funds will be provided for all donations until the matching pool is exhausted. In addition, all net proceeds will be given to charity. All donations are tax deductable as well as a portion of ticket sales.